dress up the track jacket

Umbro by Kim Jones track jacket, long-sleeve HUGO Hugo Boss tee, Polo Ralph Lauren chinos, old suede drivers from H.E. by Mango, Persol 649 turquoise sunglasses.

Everyone who truly knows me knows that I love these purple suede loafers to death! I have had it for several years, and I just love how you can slip them on so easily, and they look dressy enough for most outings since I don't like looking too casual in general. Typically, when I wear these loafers, I love to pair them with my old track jacket from Kim Jones (now the style director of Louis Vuitton's menswear) when he did a collaboration collection with the English sportswear brand Umbro that is specialized in soccer attire and gear, or I mean, "football" to the rest of the world. I think people usually think track jackets are very casual, and men tend to wear them with sneakers and jeans. Since I tend to like to dress things up a bit, I like to pair my track jacket with loafers and chinos instead. It has a more vintage and European feel of how perhaps European men would wear their track jackets, or at least how I perceive them. 

When my loafers are completely beaten up, perhaps I should invest in some Tod's drivers? (smiles.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

FOLLOW BY EMAIL

FOLLOWERS

BLOGLOVIN

Follow on Bloglovin