dwr costa mesa opening

SoCo, Costa Mesa, CA. Club Monaco car coat and shirt, Sisley pants, Dsquared2. Self-photographed.

I have always loved mid-century furniture, and I was excited to have heard that Design Within Reach was coming to Orange County again. What do I mean by again? If some of you recall, there used to be a Design Within Reach in Fashion Island and unfortunately, it closed. Let's hope this location in the SoCo or South Coast Collection furniture district will be better for the success of keeping the modern furniture store in Orange County. 

Not surprisingly, I went to this grand opening event stag since my plus-one was sick. Oh, the terrible flu season at this time! Anyway, I was able to entertain myself taking photos of my favorite items from the company (like the classic Louis ghost chair!), and the studio even had a fun photo shoot where guests could take photos of themselves to take home as a souvenir from the event or share the photos on the spot via Facebook or e-mail. Check mine out below!

Before you go check out my photos below, I forgot to mention the food. I have to make a comment on everything there, don't I? 24 Carrots, one of the most well-known catering services in Orange County, provided the food there. I was able to have their dumplings, or potstickers, and one of their desserts that I have already forgotten what it was. I did recall how good it was, but I did not enjoy the fact how fast the food ran out; the servers brought out the food trays of only four to five servings, and then they kept running back to the back for more. Perhaps they should have brought out more in one tray, but I can only guess that they were still cooking or prepping the appetizers in the back. 

Enjoy my favorite dining room layout and living room sets below of the night! I especially loved the minimal layout of the living room with the off-white sofa! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

FOLLOW BY EMAIL

FOLLOWERS

BLOGLOVIN

Follow on Bloglovin